January 31, 2008

leapin' lizards

These guys are moving pretty well as they have verty little kit on them, and are only being done to 'cannon-fodder' quality

bit more close up here

January 30, 2008

lotsa lizards

Starting on the repltiliad group for this VSF. I think this will be the hardest part of the project, as 1) the models are all the same, and 2) they aren't very good or interesting. Oh well, everything else should be fun enough. . .can't win em all. :)

January 29, 2008

Of Pallas Athena, Guardian of the City, I begin to sing.

The last three, finally. Once the bases are done, and I get some good photos, I think I'll toss them in the SD comp#15.

January 28, 2008

Long live the new flesh!

while I'm 1) sick, and 2) waiting for my hand to heal, I've taken off from working on comissions for a few days until I can concentrate and have a steady hand.
Made some progress on the Amazons in the interim. Dug up the std/musician, and found an extra stray warrior in an old box too. Slightly different flesh recipe due to a bottle of paint running out on me.

January 24, 2008

lidocane, betadine, and blood, oh my!

3 stitches, left index finger knuckle. :\
Numb right now, and nothing serious but definately going to slow things down for a few days.

Here's a not great picture of Sr. Vavasour from the other night, just for something:

January 21, 2008

tea for 6

Well the PCs for this Space1889 group are all done, aside from one that is still on back order.

And a closer look at the last two:

stiff upper lip

more doughty VSF Chaps. And a Chapess.

January 20, 2008

pith helmets and sabres

There will be a lot more pith helmets and swords to come when I get to the Queen's Own Regiment, but I'm enjoying these two dashing fellows at the moment:

January 16, 2008

3 to the wind

Enough of that web-wrangling, time to get back to painting. Finished these three (all but detail touchup) tonight:

the DaNerdi Code

I've been working on re-formatting and redesigning my website slowly for a few months. With the release of WPM (see previous post) I imagine another little spike in traffic will hit my site as it did the last time my site was linked in that publication.

I'd hoped to have it done before the new issue came out.... oops. Anyway, I subdued my distractions the lasat couple of nights and finished the remaing code and rolled it out. There are no doubt some typographic errors, as 1)I am a terrible editor, and 2) I didn't run it through an official editing period anyway.

But I think functionally it's all locked down. It is still not perfect, but I'm much happier with it than my previous version. http://www.madponies.net
If you come across an unfinished link or anything, you could always let me know. ;)

January 13, 2008


Issue #3 of Wargames Painting and Modelling is finally out, and includes an article I wroute about painting verdigris.


January 6, 2008

on trousers

Had a busy weekend in non-painting activities, so only a little progress to update. I've been hunting down reference material and feel a bit more in tune with the Victorian theme.

I've also made a bunch of progress on the MadPonies website redesign. Got a lot of pages updated and moved over into the new framework. It's tedious work, but I'm nearly done and I should be cutting over soonish.

January 1, 2008

vicky flesh

Started in on the Victorian personalities' skin.
Happy New Year all. : )